A message from our Prior, Mark Strudwick KStJ:
In light of the developing coronavirus situation, we have been carefully considering whether to go ahead with this year's Festival of St John.
We have made the difficult decision that it is in the best interests of Members that we cancel this year's Festival, which was due to take place in Dunblane on 19th June.
We have come to this decision now to ensure that those who have not yet made plans to travel do not do so unnecessarily, and to allow those who have already made hotel and travel arrangements to seek cancellations and refunds.
We are sorry to have to take this decision, and we intend that those Members admitted or promoted to the Order this year will be formally invested at next year's Festival in 2021.
We have also looked carefully at whether it is appropriate to proceed with the Torphichen service in late August. Again, we have decided that given the uncertainty about the timescales of restrictive measures, it is best to make the decision now to cancel this year’s service.
Most importantly, please ensure you are looking after yourselves and your loved ones during this difficult time.